A Guide to Train Services in Myanmar
Myanmar has over 5,400 km of railway track, operated exclusively by Myanmar Railways, a state owned organisation. Myanmar’s large railway network serves some 858 stations on ten interconnected train lines.
Map Of The Myanmar Railway Network
Train Lines in Myanmar
Myanmar has 10 functional train lines:
- Yangon to Mandalay: Stopping at Bago, Naypyidaw, and Thazi.
- Yangon to Mawlamyaing: Stopping at Bago, Kyaikhto, and Mottama.
- Yangon to Bagan (Eastern Route): Stopping at Taungoo and Kyaukpadaung.
- Yangon to Bagan (Western Route): Stopping at Letbadan, Aunglan and Kyaukpadaung.
- Yangon to Pyay: Stopping at Letbadan, and Paungde.
- Tanintharyi Line: Running from Mawlamyaing to Dawei via Thanbyuzzat and Ye.
- Mandalay to Myitkyina: Stopping at Shwebo and Naba.
- Northern Shan State Railway: Running from Mandalay to Lashio via Pyin Oo Lwin and Hsi Paw.
- Mandalay to Thazi: Stopping at Thedaw and Ywapale.
- Monywa to Pakkoku: Stopping at Chuang-U and Mandalay.